SAFETY FOR CRT PATRONS
Many factors went into crafting CRT’s safety protocols. Your health and safety, and that of our staff, students, and artists, was of the utmost importance. These protocols may change as summer goes on. Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate new territory together!
Masking, Symptom Checks, and Contact Tracing:
- Audience members will be required to wear masks at all times, including during performances.
- When you arrive, a member of the Patron Services Team will ask you if you, or any member of your party, is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath / difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, new loss of taste and/or smell, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea). If you or a member of your party / household are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please call the Box Office to return / exchange your ticket at no cost.
- Patron’s contact information collected at the time of ticket sales will be used for contact tracing purposes, if required by local public health officials.
- Though performances will take place outdoors, it is important to maintain social distancing between households and/or pods. Patrons are asked to stay six feet from other patrons not in their household / pod at all times.
- For Summer 2021, rather than purchasing individual tickets, patrons will purchase a “Box” that can seat 1-4 people. Boxes will be spaced out to allow distance of six feet between parties and appropriate egress.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for patron use at the Box Office tent and in the restroom area.
- Equipment (credit card readers, etc.) and restrooms will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each performance.
- CRT’s cleaning and disinfecting procedures utilize Electrostatic spray disinfection systems and products identified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as effective against COVID-19.
- Digital programs will be available through the CRT website prior to the first performance of each Play. Programs can be accessed from phones, tablets, laptops, etc.
- Printed playbills will be provided upon request.
- CRT will not be offering the “recycle your program” option for 2021.
Concessions & Merchandise:
- Due to safety requirements of the Actors’ union, there can be no food or beverage (except water) consumed in the seating area before, during, or after the show or at intermission. We appreciate your understanding.
- CRT will have chilled water bottles available for $1.00 (cash only) at each performance.
- Merchandise will be sold at each performance and in the CRT Mainstage Lobby during lobby hours.
- CRT reserves the right to cancel performances if Mineral County, or the surrounding areas, reaches a concerning level of community transmission in consultation with Silver Thread Public Health.
Ticket Cancellations & Exchanges:
- If you are unable to attend a performance because you or a member of your party are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you may call the Box Office up to two hours before your scheduled curtain time to exchange your tickets or receive an account credit for a future performance at CRT.
For CRT performances at the Creede Hotel, patrons will need to adhere to all mask and safety mandates required by the Hotel.
If you have any additional questions, please call the box office at (719) 658-2540 opt. 1 or email email@example.com.